Get Gold Seal Certified
Showcase Your Potential
Gold Seal Certification program certifies Canadian construction management professionals, i.e. estimators, superintendents, project managers, owner’s construction managers and safety coordinators involved in general, electrical or mechanical contracting, roadbuilding and heavy construction or speciality trades. Applicants require a combination of industry experience, education and training to challenge the Gold Seal exam and, if successful, to become Gold Seal Certified (GSC). In 2015 Gold Seal Certification passed the 10,000 certificate holder mark! Many GSCs want to stay current and register as Professional, Gold Seal Certified (P.GSC) which is a biennial designation requiring the certificate holder to gain a certain number of credits in five activity categories.
Watch the Gold Seal Promotional video
Gain a Competitive Edge in the Industry
Are you hoping to move into management, further your construction knowledge and skills, change employment, or enhance your industry credentials? Designed for working professionals, Gold Seal Certified credentials:
- Are a reflection of your skill, competence and experience
- Enhance job mobility and professional development
- Showcase your commitment to the profession
- Give you a competitive edge in your career
- Enhance the image of your industry
Watch a video of a common questions about Gold Seal Certification
- If you have less than 5 years of experience in your designation, you must first register as a Gold Seal Intern (GSI) or Gold Seal Intern (Safety). You’ll have up to five years to meet the Gold Seal Certification requirements and to challenge the Gold Seal exam to become Gold Seal Certified (GSC).
- If you have over 5 years of experience in your designation you may apply for Gold Seal Certification (GSC) or Gold Seal Certification (Safety). If your application meets the requirements, you can challenge the Gold Seal exam and, if successful, become a GSC.
- If you already have your GSC and want to stay current, you can apply for Professional, Gold Seal Certified (P.GSC). Every two years you will need to demonstrate that you are still working in the designation in which you were certified and that you have done professional upgrading activities.