Already Certified? Strive to Get Your Enhanced Professional Status
If you are already Gold Seal Certified (GSC) and would like to upgrade your credentials, stay relevant and continue developing your skills in the management of construction – you should consider becoming Professional, Gold Seal Certified (P.GSC).
The P.GSC credential is a great growth opportunity for Gold Seal Certified professionals that are looking to further enhance their capabilities, learn new skills and earn additional credibility in the industry. P.GSC credential ensures that experienced certified practitioners demonstrate a biennieal commitment to professional development activities, community support, industry advocacy and continued education in the management of construction.
Benefits for Earning Your P.GSC
By obtaining your P.GSC you are making a statement of enhanced professional development and recognition, while letting your clients, co-workers and partners know that they are working with a capable professional that is committed to the job.
Other P.GSC benefits include:
- Career Growth: Your P.GSC will help you gain more credibility in your current position and may even open the door to new opportunities
- Get Noticed: As a P.GSC your commitment to professional development will show employers, clients, and co-workers that you are a thought leader in the management of construction
- Industry Recognition: You will become a leader in the management of construction and part of an exclusive group of individuals who have their P.GSC
Minimum Requirements for P.GSC
The designation of Professional, Gold Seal Certified, is open to candidates who:
- Have obtained a Gold Seal Certificate; and
- Have submitted an application detailing their professional upgrading activities for the previous 2 year; and
- Have paid the applicable fees.
In addition to the eligibility requirements stated above, the P.GSC applicant must demonstrate:
- Working a minimum of 2000 hours for 2 years in the designation in which they were certified (1000 hours per year)
- Earning a minimum of 30 Gold Seal credits in one or more of the following categories.
Credits may be earned by:
- Formal education in construction related courses (1 credit per hour) minimum of 10 credits in this category
- Informal education such as seminars, conferences, self directed study or professional meetings (1 credit per 3 hours)
- Community Contribution such as involvement in community based or charitable organizations, technical or professional associations, mentoring, etc. (1 credit per 3 hours)
- Teaching including giving presentations, seminars and workshops (2 credits per hour of teaching)
- Supporting and building the construction industry such as contributing to activities that improve the construction industry or committee work (1 credit per hour)
- Submitting patents (10 credits per registered patent)
- Publishing papers in peer-reviewed journals (5 credits per article)
If you satisfy the minimum requirements for P.GSC, please consider applying.