Construction Safety Coordinator
Professional Construction Safety Credentials
The Gold Seal Certified (GSC) Construction Safety Coordinator credential is for professionals who wish to increase their effectiveness in administering, developing, implementing and monitoring safety programs on a construction site and are responsible for assisting management (and other company personnel) on all issues related to the health and safety of their fellow workers.
Why Become a GSC Construction Safety Coordinator?
- Safety Leadership: As a Gold Seal Certified Construction Safety Coordinator you will become a valuable resource to management in the administration and implementation of a company’s safety initiatives.
- Career Advancement: The area of safety in construction has become a profession in demand. Gold Seal Certified Safety Coordinators have the skills and experiences for a number of career opportunities.
- Respected Certification: You will earn a nationally recognized level of competency in relation to construction safety. The work commands respect, not only from your employer and fellow employees, but from government agencies, prime contractors, and construction owners
Minimum Requirements for GSC Construction Safety Coordinator Exam
The Gold Seal Exam is going online Oct 19. Make sure you can comply with the technical requirements to write the exam:
- Monitor: 11″ or larger laptop or tablet (phones not recommended);
- Physical keyboard (on-screen keyboards not recommended);
- Mouse, touchpad or trackball (touchscreen monitors not recommended);
- Browser: Up-to-date version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge (Internet Explorer not supported);
- Wi-Fi: Must be able to connect to local construction association’s wireless access point.
For Automatic Eligibility; safety managers who hold a valid provincial/territorial Construction Safety Officer (CSO) designation qualifies as 3 years of Construction Site Safety experience. Applicants must complete the project list to verify an additional 2 years of Construction Site Safety experience.
To qualify under the Gold Seal CSC Examination Criteria, an individual must have a minimum of 5 years of direct Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) on-site experience.
Education and Training
A minimum of 25 education and training credits are required to challenge the Gold Seal exam.100 + credits are required to challenge the Gold Seal CSC examination. Exams will be written at the local construction associations, and marked by national construction safety experts.
Safety Coordinator Intern
Please note: Those without sufficient credits to write the Gold Seal CSC exam can register as a Gold Seal Construction Safety Coordinator Intern with a commitment to work toward the full certification.
Please select from the Gold Seal CSC options below: